Writing agreement letters are no big deal, because they are a form of business letters, only with a little difference in the content and format. Apart from the clinched notion of an agreement happening or taking place in case of business proposals, the agreement letter can actually be related to other things too. For example, an agreement between the employer and an employee, an agreement with the police and you, an agreement between the landlord and the tenant, an agreement of supplying something for a certain period of time, signing an incentive program or freelancing, etc.
Tips for Writing the Letter of Agreement
Depending on the opponent party, you decide whether there is a need to make it legal, that is to say that, whether to bind the agreement into a contract or mention some serious repercussions in case of non compliance. In case it is a business agreement, then of course it has to be very detailed and with intricately written terms and conditions. It is better to take the help of professionals then. However, the following will give you a gist of the needful, in case of an agreement letter with respect to employment and between the employer and employee while writing a letter in different forms.
- Scope of work: Complete description of what is expected of you on a daily basis
- Duties and responsibilities: A detailed list of job responsibilities one has to do, what one is responsible for, etc. For e.g., making or filing reports, report to someone, etc
- Tenure to be served: This is regarding the number of years to be completed in case of bonds or the weekly hours to be present in the office
- Remuneration amount: Details like cost to company, in hand amount, taxes, deductions, etc., are covered here
- Rules and regulations: This self explanatory point tells you about the rules related to your employment, style of working, i.e. acceptable and non acceptable norms, etc.
- Non competition: This section is about not doing anything outside the frame of employment or to earn money by using the resources, both in terms of time as well as equipments, office hours, etc. Non disclosure: Keeping the office, policies, or work strategies to yourself is important, otherwise it can be counted as leaking inside information and it may very well turn against you
- Non solicitation: Luring your colleagues even after you are not a part of the organization anymore, for a certain amount of time, comprises of this section
- Terms and conditions: Needless to explain this factor, this is the most important section of any letter of agreement. The reason behind this is that all the above mentioned points can be revoked on non compliance or agreement of this section